Pages

December 12, 2009

Christmas card
lino cut


I decided to carve my way into the holiday season with a printed Christmas postcard. I am posting a complete sequence of the process so you can see the steps involve and enjoy it as much as I did.

Wishing you, all the best for 2010!
and when I say all, I mean it.

Happy Holidays!

The short version: After having the design ready and knowing how I wanted it to look, I traced it onto the lino cut boards and carved out the "white" areas. Then it was a matter of inking the board, printing one color at a time and letting it dry.

To give it that final touch, we -C and myself- applied gold leaf (imitation) to the star on top the tree and voilà!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcela,

Cheryl's husband here from Australia.

Love your artwork!!! Its great..... but what really amazes me are the actual ideas that you come up with. It is another world.... i love it.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

Darren

Lisa Graves said...

I love love love... even LERVE you christmas card. Once again- great work!!!! You are such a unique artist. I'm greeeeeen with envy! lol.

justdoodleit said...

Very fun looking cards! Greetings to you too!

. justin segal said...

nice card, Marcela! Thanks for sharing the process -- and happy holidays to you and yours!

Eric Barclay said...

I've been wanting to do lino cuts for awhile, and this post has inspired me to give it a go. Really wonderful work.

boob said...

Whatta great handmade touch to the holidays. Fun design and neat to see your process!